Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Brief rant

George, I think she just wanted your friendship----or your body. I would have asked for a home-cooked meal. Where I detect all I see are a few wild animals and a bunch of log trucks on the highway. You old submariners got to get with it.
Good point. Was finding so much that day was not thinking of something more important. I actually enjoy talking to folks about the hobby, its the one's who never attempt to learn that are irksome.:)

The thing that worries me is that eventually there are not going to be many places left to go somewhere down the road. maybe decades or centuries away who knows. I'm fortunate to be one of few in my area that metal detect, and have dozens of places to go that are even rarely seen by people. But sooner rather than later it's gonna get real difficult to pull a good target out of the ground. What about future generations and their kids. What kind of detector will they have to have, or place will they have to go to to find some of the better stuff we have been finding. I don't mind leaving stuff behind, as i don't find every single thing anyway, but those honey holes are getting thinner, not just for me, but for everyone now and in the future

What about the old coot that walks over to inform you that they or an "acquaintance" (lol) have hunted the area your hunting years before and there's nothing left.... Truly, one of those has been the best yard hunt I've had.

I like those kind of spots. I had two old timers in the club we belonged to tell me a demoed Navy housing site that had been denoted to the city for a park was "about" hunted out back in the 1980's. I'd like to know what "about" means as over a six or so year period I recovered over 500 silver coins from the site and a Garrett gold pan full of wheat cents....not to fail to mention, numerous silver jewelry pieces and several gold rings. HH Jim Tn

I like those kind of spots. I had two old timers in the club we belonged to tell me a demoed Navy housing site that had been denoted to the city for a park was "about" hunted out back in the 1980's. I'd like to know what "about" means as over a six or so year period I recovered over 500 silver coins from the site and a Garrett gold pan full of wheat cents....not to fail to mention, numerous silver jewelry pieces and several gold rings. HH Jim Tn
Awesome
Loved to have helped in the hunt.
I've never been to a site like that.
Though a 1930-80's torn down bar I hope to work this summer.
May be fruitful.

Awesome
Loved to have helped in the hunt.
Though a 1930-80's torn down bar I hope to work this summer.
May be fruitful.
Howdy Odenscoils--
That torn down bar can be a lot of fun! I hunted a similar site a few years ago with the DFX and then the V3i. The main obstical was trash. There were 5 or 6 wine screw caps for every swing of the coil. Out of frustration, I had to increase my discrimination to reject EVERYTHING below wheat cent. Also had to use the 4X6 shooter coil. That strategy paid off with many wheat cents and silver coins from Merc's to Walking Liberty Halves and some neat relics and silver jewelry. I guess I'll never know how much gold, nickles or Indian Head cents that I left behind. Have fun and let us know how you do? Best of luck and ...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Howdy Odenscoils--
That torn down bar can be a lot of fun! I hunted a similar site a few years ago with the DFX and then the V3i. The main obstical was trash. There were 5 or 6 wine screw caps for every swing of the coil. Out of frustration, I had to increase my discrimination to reject EVERYTHING below wheat cent. Also had to use the 4X6 shooter coil. That strategy paid off with many wheat cents and silver coins from Merc's to Walking Liberty Halves and some neat relics and silver jewelry. I guess I'll never know how much gold, nickles or Indian Head cents that I left behind. Have fun and let us know how you do? Best of luck and ...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel
Thanks Blind Squirrel
I guess I'll do as you suggest.
Cherry pic. At first anyway.
Never dug a silver dollar. Hopefully I will.
Though remembering bars of the 50-70's.
They brawled a lot. Good one most every Friday Saturday nights.
Jewelry has to be there.
Now if I can just locate the new owner again.
He bought the property and rebuilding the house next door. Almost finished. Though I haven't seen anyone in a year anyway. Wish me Luck.

They pop up from time to time. Currently, my two buddies and my self have a large old spot that is being renovated all to ourselves (can't believe it) and besides many modern era silver coins and wheats, have recovered several seated, 2 large cents and I H's and V nickels and a few pieces of silver jewelry and Civil War bullets and buttons. I found out about the renovation from a brief blip on the evening news last Nov. I was familiar with the spot as it lays adjacent to an old park we've hunted. One just needs to keep their eyes and ears open as major renovations and whole blocks get demoed in most major cities and towns from time to time. HH jim tn

Good looking approached me a 4th time.
She'd be taking me home. LoL
I am old and she was not attractive. In fact she may have been even older than me.