Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

bring back the 1266 x:fisher:

C.J.M.

Fisher needs to bring back the fisher 1266 x ,can you imagine they could sell 100,000 in months :clapping:People would be standing in line to buy one again what a relic hunter:thumbup:That was one tough detector to last over twenty years and people still seeking it:fisher::clap:

I don't think they will do it. The 1266x is a heck of a machine but the newer technology has taken over. It's sad to see but that's the way it goes.

There is no real shortage of these over here in the UK. I see them for sale quite often nice one's too . I so a nice one go for £100 on the bay but it was collect only. Ones that are available by post / courier seem to go for around
£170 to £260. UK Buyers - Never post a Metal Detector with battery's in the machine, the reason been the dumb ass workers at royal mail will pull the machine to bits to get the battery's out , i have had this happen a few times, they are so dumb that they can't figure out how to remove the battery's and will virtually wreck your detector.

Here’s what the a very knowledgeable engineer told me when I asked about it a year or two ago..

It had good sensitivity to deep coins in low mineral ground. Otherwise not so great.

The fan club comprises users who are looking for deep stuff in non-trashy areas, and who spent a long time learning its language. For those folks, the 1266 advantage is that it has great potential depth, and the challenge is to get that depth out of it. A machine that doesn't have that kind of depth to begin with, there's nothing you can do to give it that depth.

Just look what happened to a company that made nothing but old tech detectors.. EST. in 1980 I believe.
I don't think an innovative company like first TEXAS WILL GO IN REVERSE...

Yep I never owned a 1265/66, But always wanted to try one as such a legendary machine. I am a Big CZ fan for over 20 years. I always wanted to try one but timing wasn't right or they were crazy priced if clean or beat to death. I always heard the 1265 had better Modulated audio than the 1266 but a little less hot?

I have owned both machines and wouldn't turn around for the difference . I currently own a old 1265X thats in good shape with both the 8in coil and the 10in ? These are the solid original coils and not the later spider type . I've never found the need to mount the larger coil as it goes plenty deep with the smaller coil and I have grown to be a lazy old man . Its been a year or two since I last used it but found a nice seated quarter and a handful of wheats with it at a vacant lot here in town .Just to have a machine this old that still runs and detects this well is a testament to Los Banos produced detectors and the X series line .

Harold said:
What's the deepest Silver coin you ever found with it?

I can remember 7in wheats and silver dimes not being a problem . The quarter I mentioned was only about 6 in deep but well worn and predated the civil war .

Sweeping-4-junk said:
There is no real shortage of these over here in the UK. I see them for sale quite often nice one's too . I so a nice one go for £100 on the bay but it was collect only. Ones that are available by post / courier seem to go for around
£170 to £260. UK Buyers - Never post a Metal Detector with battery's in the machine, the reason been the dumb ass workers at royal mail will pull the machine to bits to get the battery's out , i have had this happen a few times, they are so dumb that they can't figure out how to remove the battery's and will virtually wreck your detector.

How much is that in real money?:unsure:

u2robert said:

How much is that in real money?:unsure:

He is talking about British pounds . Just google online to find out the US dollar conversion .

I, agree with Elton. The 1266-X has excellent depth, but has poor performance as a coin hunter. I've had a couple of these units and this detector is limited by the ability to ID targets. I found myself working harder than I should. The 1266-X will give too many good IDs for deep coin size targets. The 1266-X has great balance and may make a decent relic unit, LOL the 1266-X is a relic itself like a lot of the people who use them. HH Ron

Ron from Michigan said:
I, agree with Elton. The 1266-X has excellent depth, but has poor performance as a coin hunter. I've had a couple of these units and this detector is limited by the ability to ID targets. I found myself working harder than I should. The 1266-X will give too many good IDs for deep coin size targets. The 1266-X has great balance and may make a decent relic unit, LOL the 1266-X is a relic itself like a lot of the people who use them. HH Ron

And remember after 6" depth..Poof the discrimination was gone... iron hit ,after iron hit, it wasn't fun digging all that Unless you were relic hunting..

Yes but didn't the coins past 6" have a smaller tighter type hit? Ron I thought You were a big fan of the 1236's? Aren't they similar to the 1266s?

I just picked up another Fischer 1235-X for the Hayes Brothers seeded hunt in Ohio for this coming August. My opinion this unit is the best tool for this job. Marion one of the club long time members told me about five years ago that the 1235 was actually a better detector than the 1236-X2. I had both of these detectors, skeptical I used them both in a park that had electrical interference problems, for me the 1235 was better. The 1235-X is the best deal out there for a turn an go unit, even better performance than a 1266 or Cibola. Yes the 1266 is deep but will punch right through it's discrimination capabilities making it useless in most parks. Sometimes its nice to give the arm a break and use a turn and go. I still have a 1934 Liberty Walking Half the 1235 found that was passed over by more capable detectors. I use other units more but sometime just for fun will use the 1235. Another problem I don't keep a 1266 in my arsenal the value they cost too much, for what you get. HH Ron

I know what You mean Ron as that's why I love My Golden uMax, nice light weight 4 Tone I.D. and one 9 volt.
Also plenty deep with the 8" Brown donut coil.
I think everyone should have one no TID detector. You would be surprised what a meter will talk you out of digging.

Better coin machines than the 1265-66x ? Oh yeah thats for sure . But thats not solely what they were built for . I pushed my 1266x pretty hard back when I was relic hunting on a weekly basis several years ago and it did a admirable job on CW relics of all kinds . Brass , copper , iron , and lead it didn't matter and went as deep as I cared to dig . I found a lot of stuff with it . Their price and popularity to this day proves how well rounded the machines were and are .

I've owned all of the 1200 series Fishers except the 1220 pro, 1225, and the 1235. Here in midwestern Illinois they were capable coin hunters in our mild dirt.

Found tons of coins and artifacts with these machines. The 1260, 1265, and 1266 were some of the best detectors of their time, deep and comfortable to swing for long hours.

They were chatty detectors in the trash, but you knew it was trash under your coil. When you hit a deep coin you knew it.....that sweet sound stopped you in your tracks.

I wish Fisher had used the 1266 rod system on their CZ's instead of the 'S' rods.....it would have made a great detector even better.

Todays technology has given us detectors that do everything but dig the target for you. Some people like that and some would rather have a simple beep and dig detector and let their ears decide on what to dig and what to pass up.

For me, I wouldn't feel under gunned if I only had my 1266 to hunt with.....Yeah, I'm still a fan of these detectors and always will be.

Roger

Your right 88 but sometimes newer is not BETTER. I have been using the F75 LTD w/DST, and I'm not happy with the Disc. Sys. wish it was more powerfull like the 1270 and 1265X..