Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Broken Charge Clip -- My solution

txop

This procedure may have been presented before but I couldn't find it doing a search so I thought I would post it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It finally happened. Since owning a Deus for 7 months now my charging clip broke. I always babied it after reading all the reports on the forum.

My first thought was to buy one of the orange ones made. I ordered one and it took a month to get it. I had wasted money paying for priority mail. I had to do a paypal dispute to get it set to me. Just beware something is wrong as no emails are answered from me and others.

So during my long wait I decided to modify what was left of my broken clip. You can see my solution in the pictures I provided. I used 2 springs and messed then together so the length could be easily adjusted. The springs came from those little round reflectors you use to hold on a motorcycle licensee plate. Also the hole must be slightly larger than the screw so it will float. The screw also uses a locking nut.

When completed you barely have to squeeze to get the clip on. I am sure at some point the other pivots will break but with care I bet it will last for quite some time.

Feel free to ask any questions.

I found these $21.00 including ship much superior to the factory ones!!!