Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

broken explorer xs

doindadiggin

Hi all my best detector has got broke !!!! i just changed the handles over sick of the floppy plastic one, have had a bit of trouble with the on off switch now it wont fire up except when i hook it up to the car battery??? terry in oz:ranting:

I guess you cleaned the battery terminals good.... I have had to take the machine all the way apart before to get at the 2 springs inside that the battery contacts and clean them off. It seems when the machine wont turn on intermittantly or shuts off by itself, it is usually poor contact between the battery and the machine. the lower rods and arm cups on my machines have broken more times than I can count. I just get some fiberglass cloth, epoxy resin and repair them - better than when they were new. Take care and good luck with your machine, Mike.

Hi mike what i think might be happening is i am using a coiled wire for my power supply and i am wondering if the coiled wire is drawing too much current and wont let it turn on so i will measure the volts at the battery and then connect the coiled up wire and measure the voltage at the end of the wire?? terry in oz

Hi john what i did today was take the coiled lead off and solder the 2 spring setup back to the two wires and then push the original battery pack onto the springs and whammo!!! it works go figure eh.terry in oz:clapping::clapping::clap: