Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Broken Heart

Dalpal

I started toward a corn field when I sensed something was loose on my AT Pro. Thought that the control box screws might be a little loose so I pulled out my swiss army knife to tighten them a bit. To my horror they just kept turning. I tried to wiggle the control box and it came loose. The boss's that screws go into had snapped off. My Heart broke..
Ever happen to anyone else?

Dalpal

Yep, I was up at a ghost town detecting one day and went to nimbly leap over a small ravine. I landed badly and rolled onto the detector, neatly snapping the control box off of the shaft. I finished the hunt with the help of some electrical tape! Give Garrett a call, they had me fixed up in a few days!! They're the best!

Glad to hear it is an uncommon problem. The unit is still under warranty only because it got extended when it was upgraded. I do have backups but I dig a lot less trash with the Pro.

Thanks for the replies,
Dalpal

The machine should have reached Garrett today. I will have to report on the fix when I get it back. The weather has been good here in upstate NY. Hope I get to go out with it
before the "winter" sets in.

Dalpal

Just received my AT Pro back from Garrett. Pretty much all new parts except for the circuit board and the battery holder. Looks like a new machine. I still havn't put it together yet because I'm not sure whether I sent the mounting screws in with the control box .I have 2 that may be the ones I took out but I am not sure and I don't want to take any chances. They are sending news ones.

Pleased with the service,

Dalpal