Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bryce-IL...some guys in our club were wondering if you could help with this...

xterranomore

I didn't want to bother you with a private message because I'm sure you get asked stuff all the time.
We were curious to know how you like to set the fast and deep settings on the explorers and why? Thanks for your time.

FAST AND DEEP: I run these BOTH OFF.

For me...fast ON clips the good signal short...and I don't like it.

It just simply "messes" with the sweet high conductive sounds warble... and when you are hunting with some iron mask it cuts that sweet sound short which is very detrimental when listening for that signal breaking through the silence of a junk or iron null.

Even in areas of dense trash I still leave it off and will sometimes STAND COMPLETELY STILL...and not even step forward...and not even swing the coil.

I absolutely "creep" the coil and don't even consider it swinging...just standing still in one spot while slowly "scanning" the ground with the coil.

Only after I feel I have given it a thorough and complete job of "trash sniffin'"...will I take a step forward.

For me deep ON distorts the signal too much...and I don't like it.

Deep ON simply affects weak target signals and "enhances" them while higher gain settings actually amplifiy the target audio response...so with a setting of 10 I am hearing said "weak" signals as loudly as possible with the SE.

I already have my gain jacked to 10...so there is no need for me to have deep ON anyway.

Most of my sites are devoid of any good signales at depths of less than 10" anyway...so I have absolutely no use for a modulated audio supplied by running lower gain. Again...I want to hear those deep weak signals as loud as I can.

As usual Bryce adds some interesting aspects...Actually caught on to that quick when first time out ran in Quickstart which gives you no access to either and when I started to move into my own programs signals didn't just sound the same...Darned if you do and darned if you don't but on your next hunt compare the signals and see where he is coming from. Certainly conditions at hand can be handled by either as Minelab gives you choices. I thought of bringing it up over the years but thought it was just me but thanks Bryce and forum members should take heed as Bryce sure digs his share of goodies.

Surely in an extremely trashy area might opt to use fast or old deep area deep..Just luv the way Bryce explains his slow hunting technique...Always been a slow mover and since the new meds slowed me down a tad more and wife said sometimes I feel you are moving backward so understand fully his way of turtle swinging....area coverage suffers but don't miss much kind of thing...

......... Really cool that you took the time to explain why you use the settings and why they work for you. :beers:
All of us ran both fast and deep off today and we experienced exactly what you were talking about. It worked well!:thumbup: