Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"Bubble" in handgrip display? Anyone else?

wayne_etc

Hey folks. I recently noticed a "bubble" in the handgrip of the display on my Fors. I always use the enviro covers and the one time I was in the slightest drizzle rain I also wrapped the handgrip with a plastic bag. So I know it hasn't gotten wet. I've tried leaving the handgrip enviro cover off for about a week thinking that *maybe* if it is moisture that it would dry out. Nope. I just can't see that it would be moisture considering how careful I've been with it.

[attachment 310198 fors.jpg]

Anyone else experience this issue?

w

Wayne is it a dimple or an under the screen mark? If it was not caused by you I'd let Dilek know and she will get you on a path to fixing or replacing it I'm sure.

The screen is smooth. Just seems like there's a bubble or something under it. No dimple. I've sent Nokta an email and I messaged Dilek.

w

Hmmm nothing like that on mine but I will defiantly keep an eye on it. Was it exposed to high heat or strong direct sunlight for a long period? Just checking for possible causes.

Does it have a piece of protective film on it....it might still be on there..

Keith

I have the same mark in almost exact location on the handgrip screen. Was out yesterday for the first time and noticed it. Was able to see the numbers fine but if it gets bigger could be a problem..

Jerry

Jerry - let them know at tech@noktaengineering.com. Dilek said they're going to take care of it for me under warranty.

I'll keep everyone posted as to how that goes.

w