Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bullet Bonanza #3 - Best Day!

ldhrelics

Back on September 8, I had surgery due to a detached retina. I made a statement to my detecting buddy that I was going to dig 300 bullets by the end of the year. Little did I know that the aftermath of that surgery would knock me out of the rest of September and all of October and one week of November. I had only found 5 or 6 bullets that first week of September so I was going to count them. Well, if you watch this video and like it, you may want to watch some of the others that came before it and the ones that will come after it. This site had been hunted for at least 30 years before I "discovered" it in 2000. My buddy and I detected it hard for about 5 years and I have detected it some in the past 15 years as well. I have used many different higher-end detectors on this site and I found some relics and really thought it was completely hunted out. I know you've heard that a site is never hunted out. I'm a firm believer of that now. I bought a Minelab GPX 5000 and decided, since I knew some of this ground was highly mineralized, maybe I could find a few bullets. I've been blown away. Well, it don't look like I will make the 300 bullet goal, but I'm only 6 away from 200. I tried to record the detector sounds, the targets still in place and I used a folding rule to show the actual depth. Whether you have a GPX or not, I feel you can learn a lot from this video. I hope you enjoy it.

Looks like you're on a roll! Glad your back up and swinging after surgery. Having any luck on other artifacts?
HH Jeff
For some reason, this site is full of bullets, but I've only found one flat button. I'm about finished detecting on this site for now; hopefully I'll get on a different site with some brass. Thanks for watching.

For some reason, this site is full of bullets, but I've only found one flat button. I'm about finished detecting on this site for now; hopefully I'll get on a different site with some brass. Thanks for watching.
Sure would like to see you dig some buttons. Let us listen to those sounds like the bullets. You have sure helped me out with the sounds. I have a GPX 4500 with the Spiral 15" coil. I would like to see your settings sometime if you don't mind.