Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

bullet id .......any info would be great

mdholedigger

i found this bullet a while back at a known cw site. this is the only one found........any info would be greatly valued and appriciated.........thanks in advance

length seems to be 1 1/4 in.
[attachment 21293 foundcivilwarrelics222small1.jpg]

outer rim 1/2 in....inner rim 3/8 in.
[attachment 21294 foundcivilwarrelics218small1.jpg]

a littel hole in the bottom/side of cavity
[attachment 21295 foundcivilwarrelics216small1.jpg]

McKee & Mason #175
.539 Dia. CSA .54cal Gardner
looks as though yours was shot out of a .50 cal. , as the rings are pretty well "torn"....
nice 1 girl....

thanks mike....... been a long time since we've talked........this is the bullet i found when me, you , ma amd pa were at the site where i found the burnsides.........i was so excited about the other stuff i never got the bullet id'd........give me a call if you ever decide to get back into the m/d hobby......

I think you nailed it Mike. I have a fired Gardner that looks just like this one - like it was fired from a smaller bore than it should have been. Found it on the Cool Hollow site.

Pa Diggins