Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bullet ID help needed...

fwcrawford

My buddy found a bullet today while searching around an old home site and I need some
informaiton on it.
It looks like it may be too modern for the civil war era, but I'm no expert.
It is the bullet in the center.
To the right is a .44 cal bullet and on the left is a .52 cal. sharps for scale.
Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for looking,
Felix

Nice photo & Nice finds .... Unusual bullet for sure. How many grooves does it have and about what Cal. did it measure out to be ? I'll cross ref that info with a few books I have. Thanks. cch.

I took a closer look at the bullet and it looks like it only has two grooves up high.
The lower part looks like it may be crimp marks,but the ring is not uniform all the way around the bullet.
As far as cal., it looks like the same size as the .44 cal. next to it, but I don't have a set of mics. to check it with.
Thanks for any help,
Felix

I've checked 2 CW bullet books I have and cant find anything like it. ?? The curavture of the upper body (nose) of that bullet may lead me to believe its more modern??? Dont know for sure. Thanks for the post. Love those Sharps carbine bullets too. cch.

Thanks for checking for me.. I also have a book on civil war bullets and can't find anything like it in there either.
I may be more modern, but still fairly old... maybe late 1800's to early 1900's judging by the site.