Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bullet Identification

Terry2113

I was hoping for some silver, but found this bullet. It is just over an inch long and weights 10gms. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpeg
    IMG_0103.jpeg
    1,020 KB · Views: 103
30 cal (0.308 inch diameter) 150 grain (or thereabouts). It is kind of hard to tell from the image but it looks like a flat base full metal jacket,. If you clean up the tip and see lead then it's a soft point, if the tip is copper and the base is lead (in the center, the rim of the base usually is still the copper jacket) then it's a FMJ.

Sorry, I read your post and you said it's a little over 10g (for some reason I thought it was under) there are 15.43 grains per gram, your bullet would be slightly over so maybe 155 to 165 grain?
Happy Hunting.

Suspect surplus military FMJ in ‘06. I had a bunch in small metal “clips” that held either 6 or 8 rounds. When I was first learning to hunt I loaded up ol bess with those round and went deer hunting. Lets just leave it at I learned to track that day........