Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bullet?

Hello,

This looks like a .45 caliber bullet but based on where I found it, I'm not sure. Found it in my own yard, really close to the surface! Thoughts?

Besides not seeing the actual measurement, it looks like a .45ACP that ricocheted and landed in your yard.
Could be from as much as a mile away if its trajectory was at a high angle.

Thanks for identifying! It was pretty crazy to find it since I live in a safe suburb. It was only about an inch under the surface.

The last picture appears to show it is brass jacketed.

I would guess from the oxidized lead visible at the tail that it has been in the ground at least 10 years or more. lt could have been fired by someone bringing in a New Year. Good thing celebrating by shooting guns in the air has become less common than in times past.