Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bummed out about the Compadre...

fltacoma

As you know from am earlier post, I received 2 Compadres with both coils, and a Silver Umax. Problem is that when I turned on the Compadre with the 8" coil, it started acting really erratic. I went outside to see if EMI interference was the problem....it was not. So it looks like I am gonna have to call Tesoro and send it in to get it looked at. I haven't even sent in the warranty card yet lol. Has anyone else had problems with their Compadre with the 8" coil? I have seen 2 youtube videos of people with the same problem. Might have been a bad batch of coils maybe?

Not cool, but you can bet Tesoro will take care of you. Since you bought new, you could probably send it back to whomever you got it from, and get another. Stuff happens.

I just bought a new 8" compadre and it works perfectly. Very quiet and the disc knob seems spot on. Fun little detector!

If you haven't already tried I would replace the battery with a new one. I had a Bandido that would act very erratic once the battery life got too low!

The batteries aren't the problem, I have tried multiple brands. The company that I bought the detector from is going out of business and that was their last compadre w/ 8 inch coil. I'll just have to send it in so they can fix it.

fltacoma said:
The batteries aren't the problem, I have tried multiple brands. The company that I bought the detector from is going out of business and that was their last compadre w/ 8 inch coil. I'll just have to send it in so they can fix it.

Give Allen @ Tesoro a call and tell him what's going on. Assuming you bought it brand new and still have the warranty card, it'll only cost you about $10 or less for the postage to send it to them (coil & control box). They'll either fix it & send back, or send you a new one. No worries. ^_^

I'm absolutely not worried at all. I know that Tesoro is a top notch company that stands behind their products! Hence why I have 6, with a 7th one inbound (Bandido II Umax) ;)

Oh I'm sure I will ;)

You'll love the bandido II umax alot.
I like the higher pitch audio. Matches my original cutlass umax.