Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bummed Out, Xterra 70 back ordered.

north1

Ordered an xterra 70 that was due to be shipped on the 16th and received a backorder slip with my extra coils. I've been lurking on this board for several months and never heard of this. Not a big deal I guess as the ground will be frozen for at least another two weeks. Wasn't aware that the detector actually gets drop shipped from Minelab USA in Las Vegas. Guess I'll give them a call tomorrow and see when they expect to ship it out.

Sales of the X70 can be quite brisk at times, especially this time of year which is prospecting season down AZ way. Those who don't want to drop the cash for a big Minelab PI push up the demand.

HH
BarnacleBill

I just got my 70, but the 5 X 10 18.75 coil is on back order. They must be selling well. Hope we see our back orders soon. It must suck to just have the coils. I was lucky and at least got my machine with the standard coil. I got mine from Kellyco. They said they were going to have the coil drop shipped from Minelab. I'm pretty sure that Kellyco had the detector at their store in FLA and shipped it from there. I'm thinking that they are having things that were ordered that they do not have in stock drop shipped to save time. Your gonna really love your detector when you get it.

Best regards, John K

Well, three weeks now and still no detector. E-mailed Minelab three times but still get same computer generated reply. Basically says you will get it when you get it. Besides dreaming about using it the only other thing that pisses me off is that my credit card has been charged in full but I still don't have the product. When I finally do receive it, it better work properly or I'm gonna officially lose my mind!!

Well it took me a couple of months after I got my detector to receive the 10.5 DD coil. I ordered it from David Keith at Dixie. He called them repeatedly and had them send me a nice Minelab vest, shirt, and hat, over $100 worth of stuff. It helps to deal with a dealership that stands up for you like David.

No, I'm still waiting. I appreciate the offer, but I really have no problem with the dealer. He has been very knowledgeable and understanding. I guess if he is sold out of his stock and needs it drop shipped from Minelab he is waiting to get detectors also. The weather has been real nice lately and could be detecting, so I am starting to get impatient. Sitting here looking at my coils and new killer bee headphones with nothing to plug them into is starting to wear on me.

Call 1-702-891-8809
and talk to a human... everytime I call I get an immediate response... Sandy has always helped me... especially when my 3khz coil went down....GH

I got mine in 4 days from order, Alaska (akmining.com) to NJ, are you sure your dealer is in good graces with Minelab?
Dave in NJ

I thought I posted earlier,but I dont see it.

Did ya get it yet?

Minelab @ 1-866-517-2066,free from landline.
Sandy is very nice and helpful,she'll give you some answers.

I always try to talk to someone first before I buy from them,escpecially if it's the first time.
Maybe someone can clarify this,but I thought it was illeagal for them to charge your card before the mechandise ships?
Like if back ordered or out of stock.

When I ordered mine,I ordered a rain cover also which was back ordered.They charge for it with the order but credited my account right back,till it was sent out.

Thanks so much everyone for your comments. Wife called Sandy today(I was at work). She said she was great to talk to. Turned out to be a paperwork snafu. Dealer got horribly sick(in hospital) and Minelab couldn't ship it out until paperwork was completed. He is out now and paperwork should be done and detector should be shipped out by the end of the week. I feel allot better now at least having an idea when I will receive it. Will post when it gets here. Thanks again!!!