Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bun in the oven

Charlie P. (NY)

I hunt on my lunchbreak at work and so carry my F-75 in the rear of my VW Jetta wagon. It has a sliding "bed" cover that protects the back from direct sun (buckskin colored interior). Out of fear and curiosity I put a very accurate digital thermometer (from a chicken brooder) in the back with my equipment. Today it read 118

With a Fisher unit like the C$ or Edge, on real hot days I would slide the control box off the rod & bring it into the office with me just to be safe. The F75/T2 are a little tougher as the box does not come off really. But if it's really hot you may wanna get a duffle bag or something & just bring it into work with you.....
HH,
Bill

That is what I used to do, bring it into my office. Everyone knew in I was metal detecting nuts, anyway. HH jim tn

Guess I'll have to go the duffel route. Everyone knows I MD, as I detect a park just walking distance from work. They also know I shoot and hunt. Might get them thinking I've gone postal.

Serve 'em right. :devil:

Some of the epoxy's used in the coils can soften in extream heat and if your coil windings move that coil is toast. I worry more about the coils than I do the electronics, but I never plan on leaving any of my prize machines in a hot vehicle, I just dont want to take the chance. If I have to I will bag it and bring it into my work area.

I should have said take the box AND coils into the office with you on very hot days if your going to hunt after work.....
Thanks Scully

Park in the shade with the windows cracked a bit that might cool it off a bit.