Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Buried 60-70-80 years!

Mark kus

I found this old Ford grease cap it was buried 10” down still has the good ole grease in it! Lol
Not sure how long it’s been buried awhile I’m sure.
73D8B640-10D7-495F-BAA9-067CB7540A09.jpeg
878570E0-62A7-43A1-BE45-8880E904C1E4.jpeg

Couple years ago we got permission to hunt a old abandoned farm house way out in the country & we found an old grease cap pretty much like yours, we have it to the owner which put a smile on his face. He could remember his grand dad having owned the Ford.

Ya just gotta love this hobby!! Me? I’m a Dodge guy (or is that something I post on Views Forum?)
Lol

Thanks I have a Chevrolet one also this green I pulled a quarter trifecta a dime trifecta also out of but no Indians

Most of those I find are damaged and wondered why and a old timer told me mine look like they where chiseled off as they look cut. He told me many wouldnt come off and had to be chiseled off to get them off, so this was normal. I got around 15 and only one was a Chevy. cool find and a good part of auto history. I like the old Ford Model A and T keys (have 10 or 12 I have found) as they are double sided and have a number on them, so when you needed one you went to the local Ford dealer and told him the number and went back in the parts bin and got you one with the same number.

Rick