Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Burnside Carbine

kmyer74

Didnt find much this evening but im happy with this.....found it in a union camp that has been pounded since the 70s.....f75 ltd sniffed it out at a good 10 inches

it has been a number of years since I dug a whole one, congrats

a tip Mac Mason gave me if you get in a spot digging them, as you start uncovering it leave it , and keep hunting, come back to it in a little bit and uncover some more. the thing you are trying to do is let it air harden some, this works on all brass case bullets, but the Burnsides are especially weak because of the hole in the base that water gets in

Really nice find. :thumbup: We find burnsides pretty regularly down this way but NEVER with the brass casing attached.

That is a cool find CCH. HHTim

Great find kymer74.... My best friend, N. Burnside, ( and yes he is a decendant of Ambrose) will love seeing this post. He has a Burnside rifle in excellent condition but rarely shoots it, as the ammunition is $$$. I remember when we were kids...I use to call him N. Sideburns....then many years later found I was only repeating history...lol. HH!