Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Button and bullet I.D. needed

LaRelic

Found this bullet yesterday, could use some help identifying it. It measures 50 cal. and has a solid base. About the same length as a 3 ringer. The button was dug at Port Hudson in the 60's by my father. It appears to have had an iron back which was missing when he dug it. Forgot to measure it but i guess its about the size of a dime. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for looking!!

The bullet seems to be a more modern blackpowder gun sabot round. I could be wrong. Using magnification, you may be able to see striations in the grooves ? JUST A GUESS on my part. cch

The only thing I can find close is the spencer carbine. It doesn't have the tiny striations that go all the way around the bullet but it does have a few grooves from the inside of the barrel. I think the spencer did use a metallic cartridge. Don't know much about the carbines, I have a few sharps bullets but that's it. The area it was found does produce a lot of modern bullets along with civil war. Idk. Thanks for looking!