Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Button Farm gives up another CW button and some ?

cometguy

Got back out to the Button Farm and tried searching behind the main house site. I got a high 70s signal and thought I had a large cent. It was large, it was green but it wasn't a large cent. Ladies locket. It swings open and there is nothing inside or engraved on the locket. I found another Infantry cuff button close to where I found the first one. Weak signal, I kinda teased into hitting high enough to dig. Once it was out of the hole it screamed at me. Found a few other cool things.
Check out the sailor, captain, man or whatever with the wing. It is really light weight metal and I thought it was junk when I dug it. Held it up to the light and thought wow, that looks like a figure. It has some type on it but so far I have no clue what it means. If you have thoughts, let me know.

Thanks, Don

Wow, the Internet is truly amazing. My weird little guy is the mascot for the Moline Plow Company. He was known as the "Flying Dutchman". Mine little guy is missing a wing and he was holding an ear of corn above him on the little stand. He was a stick pin. Must not be too rare as there are three of them on ebay right now. I still think he is cool and in amazing shape for being lost in a farm field for over 100 years.

Wow, I love the history !!!! :surprised:

I like old coins, old tokens and old buttons, especially, but also appreciate other cool doodads.

Was this with the G2 or Gold Bug Pro? Sensitivity and Discrimination settings used? The Ground Balance for your area?

Did you check some of the signals in the All Metal mode (presuming you're hunting in the Discriminate mode)?

Keep up the success throughout the year.

Monte

These were found with my G2. My ground is usually 60 or so. I was running discrimination at 50, gain at 100 percent. I ran entirely in discrimination. I am amazed at what small targets the G2 goes after. I dug a few 22 short brass in this field. I got my share of big iron. I dug most of the super hard hits which usually were big iron two to four inches deep. I got some horse shoes and tools. I passed some of the iron signals up. Almost anything that read 59 and above was a keeper. I did notice that my numbers would sometimes change quite a bit once the target cleared the hole. I hunted a pasture area today and hit a good Indian hard at about 7 inches. For some reason the vdi number seemed high, almost 70 and I don't remember others hitting quite that high. Forcing myself to charge into the iron and finding some cool things when I do.

Don
HH