Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Button ID??

WV62

The three of us brothers were detecting a new site yesterday and my brother Mark came up with this button. Thought I would post the pictures he sent and see if any of you button guys have info you could offer up.

Brother Ron in WV

Button F.PNGButton B.PNG

Betting military……. Square design kinda different tho. Cool button!!!

Hi Ron,
Long time no see...or text
To me it looks like someone customized that button by folding up the edges of a round button to give it a square look.
A re-purposed Button for a seamstress?

I am pretty sure it is a U S Army Great Seal button. It's hard to tell if there was a rim so the button would date from 1902 to present day. If there is no rim it would date from 1902-1910. A rounded rim was added in 1910 and a more angular rim was used from 1927 to present day. Maybe a bored soldier decided to bend it or the button came apart and was bent to keep it together.

It gives the impression that the button was round at some point. I agree with fyrffytr1
Looks a lot like this

I believe you guys nailed it.

Thanks,
Ron in WV