Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Button or pin

A

Anonymous

Hi, I found this small (a little over 1/2 inch) button or pin at the site of an old Florida trading post. The back is missing. Any identification would greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Mark

a Tenderfoot type badge for the girlscouts. The emblem on it looks like a Tender foot for the boy scouts. I've never seen the girlscount badges but its a possibility

Nice find Mark. Is that a "GS" at the top of the pin?
Info from the link below
Tenderfoot Pin
1918-1923
The Traditional Logo Girl Scout pin was once called the Tenderfoot Pin. The symbolic design of the pin, according to The Girl Scout Collector's Guide, is as follows:"the eagle is a symbol of strength and victory and the shield on the eagle's breast signifies self-reliance. In his talons, he clutches on his right an oliver branch, the symbol of peace and on his left a shaft of arrows, the symbol of might. The eagle faces right, which is the position of honor, looking toward the symbol of peace. The eagle and shield within the trefoil signify that Girl Scouts stand ready to serve their country." The shape of the pin, a trefoil, indicates the threefold promise.

I finally found info on the pin - yes it is a Girl Scout pin. It is a Senior Membership Girl Scout pin circa 1938-63.
Thanks for everyone's help!
-Mark