Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

buttons

scotthowes

Why would I find all different buttons (1800 to 1830's) around a old cabin site not one is the same also found a 1783 2 Real ,1817 large cent and some ball and buck. The buttons though me off none are the same . could it been a trading post?

Thats pretty much normal to not find matching buttons,at least in my experience.... even the places that i know were family farms you usually dont find matching buttons,however sometimes you do.... you bring up an interesting point though..i wonder if the buttons on any given piece of clothing ever matched...after all i imagine alot of the clothes were homemade... the more plain ones are the ones i find multiples of ,the fancier ones not so much.... i once hunted a field where a farm house stood for probably less than 30 years and this place was loaded with buttons and i dont hardly any matched although i could double check as i kept all of finds from that place in the same box.... i just dont think they cared too much back in those days whether the buttons matched or not they were just happy to have clothes,especially the common man...now rich people could be a different story....

Thanks that makes sense . I've been hitting this spot for years with no luck after they plowed went back after they cut the corn and BOOM !!!!!!!!

You just never know whats left in a place like that especially if its a little trashy...i hunt a place like that and have been back dozens of times... the next find could be the big one..