Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Buying a digital camera

A

Anonymous

Read about the forum on the DFX metal detecting forum and have been considering a digital camera.
Looking for one in the $ 200 and under range and would use it to post pictures on forums and email 75% of the time. Don't want one with a lot of "bells and whistles" and have to spend a fortune. Have read some of the reviews. Only problem with some of the cheaper ones is they might be considered "junk". Have looked at the Hewlett-Packard Photosmart 318. Suggestions?

the cheaper cameras but if that is all you are gonna use it for, you might want to consider a scanner. You can get some beautiful scans of small coins with a scanner and they go pretty cheaply now. You can also scan your pictures at 75 dpi and then shrink them digitaly and post and send them email.
It is a good option. With my scanner I scanned a quarter and printed it big enough to fill a full sheet of paper and it came out great!! :0)

dpreview.com........
My only reccomendation is to get a camera that uses either SmartMedia or Flash cards or memory sticks..... try to stay away from cameras that use floppy disks... you just can't get enough information on the disks(for my taste's)

YOu can only get 1.4 meg on a floppy and each picture I take is that or more. Those floppy cameras are ok for the web but if you have to blow them up at all (that is what they ought to do with the camera) the pixslate and are useless. I suggest at least a 1.5 meg camera