Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Buying a pinpointer to use with Vaquero. Any known interference problems?

Garrett pro pointer AT (carrot) has no problems for me with any of my detectors.

Thanks. I'm leaning toward the TRX because of the tip only signal. I used a Tesoro Treasure Mate with my Cibola and was happy with it. Online reviews of the TRX report 2-3" depth, which would be a real bonus for some of the fresh drop rich concert venues I have exclusive access to.

My original no thrills Garrett PP works just fine and dandy with my Trident Extreme the UK version of the Vaquero but on steroids,no interference what so ever.

Thanks for all your replies. I just ordered a Garret Propointer A/T, mostly because it's waterproof. I live in an area that's got dozens of boat/canoe landings in shallow water. I'm thinking folks emptying canoes/kayaks or transferring gear to land would be a good opportunity for lost goodies. That's my thinking, anyway.

Coptician said:
Thanks for all your replies. I just ordered a Garret Propointer A/T, mostly because it's waterproof. I live in an area that's got dozens of boat/canoe landings in shallow water. I'm thinking folks emptying canoes/kayaks or transferring gear to land would be a good opportunity for lost goodies. That's my thinking, anyway.
Good choice. You can also change the sensitivity and have a quick retune with the touch of a button. Help because of how sensitive it can be. I use mine on high all the time but then you can back offa bit and retune it and get a better location. It's really cool.
Biggest plus is bo fuss cleaning. Just wash it. Totally waterproof.

I also recommend buying a can of Plasti dip (not the aerosol) and dip the tip into it for 2-3 coats. Helps protect it from scrapes.

Good tip! I might have to do that to mine. I just bought the original Garrett pro pointer from the coin shop that I work at for $90 brand new in the box. We have two left for $100 a piece if anyone wants one.

fltacoma said:
Good tip! I might have to do that to mine. I just bought the original Garrett pro pointer from the coin shop that I work at for $90 brand new in the box. We have two left for $100 a piece if anyone wants one.

Check to see if they're real or the fake ones... There are supposedly some copies floating around that don't give the correct # of beeps when you turn 'em on, and the yellow paint reading GARRETT is the wrong color. Pretty sure there's a youtube vid or two about 'em.

They are real. He has had them for a couple of years (4-5) sitting in the back that he forgot to put out front. Everything on the pro pointer is spot on (color, and serial number is correct font).

Here is the website about fakes: http://md-hunter.com/china-garrett-pro-pointer-fake-photo-comparison/