Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

By the skin of my teeth..

willy

Managed to get an AT Pro that was for sale on another major forum (initials would be T.T.D.), and do so by only 1 min! Early bird and the worm or what? So far it's been a mild but wet winter here (a beautiful brown X-mas) and bow that I've had my MRI & pin-test I'll have another 6 months till they carve me up.. time to detect. Be interesting to see how it handles some really bad ground. Might even do some water hunting since it's only about 0 deg Celsius at my favorite lake. Can't wait! ..Willy.

Congrats Wilie. Keep in good health.

You are in some serious tough country to detect in and we will all be looking forward to your results.

There are few as skilled as you are, and you have owned and run many machines. That speaks loudly in your choice of new machine.

How about some nugget air tests? Hot rocks?
SJ

I saw that. I was going to link it to the Garrett forum, then realized you just got it. And you know it works too, as you already seen the hunting posts of that same machine.

Willy...you done good.:thumbup:

Good luck Willy hope your
new toy does well for you...

Looking forward to seeing what ya get

HH

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way :usaflag::usaa:

That's the one benefit to being dinged up.. got a lotta time to sit and wait for something to come up. Have been dying to get a half decent waterproof detector for both jewelry detecting in the lake and nugget hunting in the mountains. The reason why others just don't 'cut it' is that they have no way of eliminating wrap-around/high VDI signals and can't knock out specific hotrocks. Yup, I know, 'dig all signals' except.. when I'm chest deep in an icy river loaded with with hotrocks (at least 1 and, many times, multiples per swing) it gets a bit tiresome at best. Also, sometimes I just want to hunt jewelry and the ability to knock out high-conductors is a godsend. Whatever, it should be fun and it will be interesting to see how the AT Pro stacks up against my V3 when it comes down to nuggets. I'm thinking that they'd complement each other but, if the AT Pro turns out to be my choice when it comes to coin/ring/relic hunting, I might just sell the V3 and pick up a GMT for the land and small stuff. Hate to do it ;cause I have a pile of coils already for the V3, but sometimes you just gotta make those tough decisions.
Was up in the 'Loops area this summer, checking out a small river and I tell ya, never seen a nastier stretch of land. The ground wasn't even very highly mineralised, but the hotrocks were pure insanity. Had both an Infinium and an MXT and both were going crazy. Because of the disparity between them and the ground, tracking was useless and hunting in fixed was no better. Dug up so many of the things that I could build a house (okay.. a dog house). Gave a response that was too good.. till dug up. That's where a little notching or tone I'd would have been nice. Kinda like what happened the first year I was up in Alaska with my CZ6a; spanked two guys swinging Minelab SD2200d's. Hunting in salt disc. mode with no disc. I could use the tone ID along with signal 'width' to knock out many of the numerous iron targets. Also, sometimes hearing just a little high tone blip amongst the iron would be enough to bag a nugget. Call me lazy or call me Willy, but I'm not about to dig up a mountain of material without a commensurate return. Well, my 2 fingers are tired; gotta recuperate. ..Willy. btw.. 2 pics of my first ever nugget.

:usaflag:Very nice chunk...how heavy is it?