Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

C$ at the beach

A

Anonymous

My first time to try the C$ at the beach in Clearwater Fl, my other C$ use has been in Ky. In the dry sand it ran stable no matter how high I went on sens. No mineralization at Fl beaches is great. I dug everything above iron but unfortunately came up with nothing but trash some of it was really deep trash though. I did find a small cache of hairpins. Switching to burying my own stuff the C$ had no problem with 10" on a penny. Down by the water I set sens. to 6 thresh -5 with salt on and it ran extremely stable but again only trash. Bottom line is this machine does great at the beach both in depth and sensitivity to small hairpins, jewelry and coins too.

Thanx for the report keep us posted on more hunts with the C$!!

Thresh at -5 is pretty good. I'm in NE Fl with some black sand. I run with a thresh of about -20. I am surprised you didn't find anything. We have had a lot of storms as you know. Everytime I go out I always find at least a couple of coins. Nothing worth talking about but I like to hunt after work to relax. On my local beach, which is semi-private, I never expect to find much but it's only a block from the house. Right now I am hunting only where sand dunes used to be. Picked up a 20 year old nickle in poor shape amoung other things last night.
Usually coins sound differently then garbage but I still dig a fair amount of trash also. I have always known that the C$ could pick out of trash but the other night I found a penny that wasn't just near trash, it was actually half enclosed in a piece of rusted iron. As noted below, we all find stuff near or under garbage but this was my first where it was imbedded or incrusted in iron. Any how. Good luck. Look forward to hearing about your finds. Take care.