Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

C & G Technology Inc. LYNX

navydad5

Any information on this detector. It uses 3 9volt batteries. It has been in the family for several years. I will Google C & G. If I find anything. I will report here.

navydad5

The G stands for Gifford the man who started Tesoro. The Lynx is a pre-Tesoro unit. There was a mention of a "Wildcat" unit.
It uses a "stacked" coil. This results in a coil more than double in thickness than todays units. The failure was from a lack of
money for advertising. It was not one of the "better" units in finding coins. This from Google.

C&G Technology Inc. was started in Phoenix Arizona by Ray Crum and Jack Gifford back in 1976. I picked up an old "closet queen" C&G Bobcat II years ago on the cheap just out of curiosity and it still fires up powered by two 9-volt batteries. Mine also used the "stack coils" and still functions but noticed last time in use I had to constanly hit the retune button on the handle every sweep to keep in on track...probably needs a little doctoring. Ha!

I remember seeing them advertised. But Whites, Fisher, and Garrett way-out -sold them. At least where I'm at, we never saw anyone swinging that brand.

You can find more on my website google TreasureLinx

TESCGAD1980.jpg

Probably not too many out there as C&G ceased business in 1978...soon after Jack Gifford accepted a job working for Fisher in Los Banos, Ca. I've read where the entire Gifford family use to help with production of C&G detectors....Jack and Ray Crum did the designing and testing...Myrna (Jack's wife) stuffed boards and made coils...while sons James and Vince did numerous production related tasks. Another part of the overall evolution of metal detector history :>)