Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cable for 8 inch Coinstrike

Hi Phill, you should have mentioned the cable problem in some of our earlier contacts!

Well, I'm sure that cable can be rolled off from a roll somewhere, but I'm not sure if you would be able to actually wire a new piece back inside the coil, you may be able to cut it above the coil and splice it. What I can do if your interested is I have the cable off from a C$ coil, I cut it off from a bad coil and I through the coil away. The jacket seems to be in good shape and if you want it you can have it, just let me Know.

Another thing I've seen done was to take some really GOOD semi wide tape and with some help you can stretch out the cable, run the tape length ways of the cable and just wrap (roll) the cable up in the tape. Its not pretty, its probably not submersible but it works.

I'm thinking that some of the causes of these cable jackets going bad is the use of "Air Purifiers" that also produce Ozone, it seems that as popular as these were just a few years ago that a lot of stuff containing rubber in the house started falling apart.

Mark

Hi Mark, did you receive your coil yet, if not you should soon I sent you tracking. I may take that coil wire off your hands this way I will only have one bad spot where connected and the rest of the cable will be normal.

oneton said:
Hi Mark, did you receive your coil yet, if not you should soon I sent you tracking. I may take that coil wire off your hands this way I will only have one bad spot where connected and the rest of the cable will be normal.

I did get the tracking number you sent, and I checked the status of the shipment Friday and I'm supposed to get the coil this coming Tuesday. I'm having surgery at 10:00am in the morning so when the coil comes I won't be able to use until 'Maybe' next weekend, if I'm lucky (well, blessed with a speedy recovery is a better way to put it)

Mark

I did the tape deal on mine and started watching for nice used one and bought it. Then I just set on the taped up coil and somebody posted needing one and I sold it for $35.

Ron in WV

Remove the connector install a full length of HEAT SHRINK then re-install the connector.

A guy over in the F-series forum has another idea to consider.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2122687

Mark

oneton said:
Thanks i will try something soon, Have you used the new 6 inch yet.

No, I've been recovering from my surgery, I probably could have went today but I had a good weather project that I had on hold that I'm going to do today, its supposed to get 53 degrees today.
Both my brothers are going detecting today but I had to pass on the.

Mark