Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cache or large pocket spill?

KeizerBill

Have not been out much this year.

Today I went to a small town park and in a Three foot by one foot area in a baseball field I found 164 pennies. Only one wheat - 1944S. Most were 1959 to 1964 with ten newer. Newest was 1996. they were near the surface and some in groups of 3 or 4.

Most coins I have found in one spot. I was using my Deleon and whites bulls eye probe.

Good grief, Bill. Go figure on that one. That sounds more like some kid brought a sack of pennies with 'em and was playing with 'em and mom yelled "Lets go" and he just left them there. :shrug:

That's a good example of what I enjoy about this hobby. Every so often you hit a target or situation that not only is rewarding, but puzzling. I found a Phillipine Centavo in my yard several years ago which is puzzling because I live in the country, no sidwalks, not that close to a county road or highway so my best guess is it either was lost by a former resident, or possibly came in with some fill dirt, or who knows? Fun anyway.
HH
BB

Wouldn't have been terrible if you found something like this, on your first day detecting? You know you'd probably give up detecting thinking, shoot there ain't nothing to this :rolleyes: