Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Call me escentric !

Woodchuck

I would much rather buy me a older Tesoro than a new one. I 'm addicted to the older style round hole speaker look. I don't like the newer louver style speaker look. I will buyer a older Tesoro model just for that reason than a newer one of the same model. 2nd I think the older models work better than some of the new technology Tesoros . 3rd give me a 7 inch coil over the 8 inch or even a 5 inch coil any day on a Tesoro. Hmmm why do I like the older stuff ? is it because I'm old too ? and have a few nuts loose !

I loved the round hole speaker look until i bought the golden sabre ll, seemed like the detecting field on that machine was way smaller than it was on the silver umax with same 8" coil. However the sound of that old 2 tone was pretty good. Now i am a bit leery of trying out more of the old machines.
Then and again, both of the machines i own now are out of production.

Call me Eccentric, with that 7 inch coil more like concentric!

You think you're eccentric, I have 3 Tesoros, a 20+ year old Royal Sabre, a 10 year old Silver umax, and a 2 year old Compadre and can't think of a good reason to buy another detector for Christmas. Am I Mr. Scrooge?:confused:

Good machine to be around that long , and still working you are just old fashioned. nothing we can do for you ha ha

I'm happy using several older models. They do what I need and perform reliably. I'm a fan of the 7"concentric coil as well and have several of them. Don't personally care about the speaker holes as I never hunt without headphones, anyway.
BB