Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Called my local dealer to complain about my new Omega

KeizerBill

Got my new Omega 8000 with 11" DD coil yesterday and I called my local dealer to complain. It took me three hours of detecting today before I found my first ring. LOL A 3.1 gram silver ring with the numbers 1 through 20 on the band.

I first went to the beach and searched for an hour. I have not hunted the beach before. After an hour I found only junk. The detector did good in the dry sand. I was able to max out the sensitivity. In the wet sand I had to lower the sensitivity but it still worked. I need to learn a lot more about beach hunting.

I decided to try my new detector in some local parks because that is what I normally search. I search for two hours and found one quarter, three dimes, three nickels, and five pennies, all clad. I then got a solid 99 reading at three inches and found the silver ring.

Also I got a dime at four inches and in the plug above the dime was a washer.

I think I've got me a keeper with the Omega. Still a lot to learn about the machine for me but I am happy with my new detector.

I also got a Propointer which is now my probe of choice.

Congrats. I picked up my DD coil saturday but not used it yet. The O-8 is great. Have not used my sovereign since I got it.

Congrats. on the finds. Silver is always nice. I've only had my Omega for a few weeks...found a 1960 silver coin in the first hunt. I was impressed. Like you, I'm still learning the machine, but I like it very much. Many good features and the audio you get on a coin certainly makes me take notice. It didn't take long for me to work that out. Good luck with yours. I am going to try my 11 DD coil next weekend (weather permitting), so far have only used the 10" concentric, but it's been great. From what I've heard the 11"DD makes a huge difference, so I can hardly wait. HH