Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Calling all Impact Testers

thardin88

Hey Guys,

I know the Wireless Headphones Dongle is built in the Impact and you received them with the machine. Do any of you have the New Racer Headphones and if you do, will the Racer phones work with Impact and the Impact phones work with the Racer Dongle.

Thanks

Those wireless h.p.'s are supposed to work with the Racer 2 or Impact (supposed to work on the Gold Racer also)--I guess they have those in stock.----Kellyco has those wireless h.p.'s listed with the dongle for the Racer 2 & Gold Racer listed for $119.----Then they also have those same h.p.'s listed for the Impact WITHOUT the dongle for the same price ($119) and they are PRE-ORDER.-----Those two h.p.'s also have different Kellyco catalog #'s.-----Clear as mud?---It isn't much clearer than mud for me when they have them listed like that.-----You have a very good question & my answer is "I dunno".-----IF those are the same h.p.'s--a purchaser would be crazy if they didn't get the ones with the dongle--then you could use them on your Racer2, Gold Racer AND Impact.----Get the ones without the dongle & you are just "screwed" using on them any detector but the Impact---and this is assuming they are the SAME h.p.'s.-----This is my understanding on this.---Makro/Nokta (or Kellyco) needs to step in here & clarify this.-----Del

"IF those are the same h.p.'s--a purchaser would be crazy if they didn't get the ones with the dongle--then you could use them on your Racer2, Gold Racer AND Impact."

My thought exactly. I have an R2 and would like to use them with both if they are the same.

D&P-OR said:
Those wireless h.p.'s are supposed to work with the Racer 2 or Impact (supposed to work on the Gold Racer also)--I guess they have those in stock.----Kellyco has those wireless h.p.'s listed with the dongle for the Racer 2 & Gold Racer listed for $119.----Then they also have those same h.p.'s listed for the Impact WITHOUT the dongle for the same price ($119) and they are PRE-ORDER.-----Those two h.p.'s also have different Kellyco catalog #'s.-----Clear as mud?---It isn't much clearer than mud for me when they have them listed like that.-----You have a very good question & my answer is "I dunno".-----IF those are the same h.p.'s--a purchaser would be crazy if they didn't get the ones with the dongle--then you could use them on your Racer2, Gold Racer AND Impact.----Get the ones without the dongle & you are just "screwed" using on them any detector but the Impact---and this is assuming they are the SAME h.p.'s.-----This is my understanding on this.---Makro/Nokta (or Kellyco) needs to step in here & clarify this.-----Del

So if these h.p.'s has that "little white button"--they will work (pair up) with the Impact?----No button--no workee (on the Impact)---Is this correct?------If this is the case, purchasers better verify with the seller which h.p.'s they are getting.
squirrel1 said:
See this link.
Monte addresses this subject.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2354785

thardin88 said:
Hey Guys,

I know the Wireless Headphones Dongle is built in the Impact and you received them with the machine. Do any of you have the New Racer Headphones and if you do, will the Racer phones work with Impact and the Impact phones work with the Racer Dongle.

Thanks
The 1st thing to do is correctly specify which detector model we are referring to.

The 2nd step is to correctly describe the particular 2.4 Gig. Wireless Headphone version.

Makro Racer Series: When asking about or referring to a particular model, clarify which one and not just say "Racer phones" because that implies the Racer, the 'original' model of the Racer series when also discussing the current 2.4 Gig. headphones Nokta / Makro offer.

Makro Racer: The 'original' Racer is NOT compatible with the current 2.4 Gig. headphone and dongle system. Initially they did offer a lightweight wireless headphone that works with the Racer, but they did have a slight delay to them.

Makro Racer 2 and Gold Racer: These models ARE compatible with the newer 2.4 Gig. headphones and dongle.

Nokta Impact: This device is ALSO compatible with the newer 2.4 Gig. headphones, and the 'dongle' connection is built in.

So, one NEWER set of the Nokta / Makro 2.4 Gig, headphones can work with the Racer 2, Gold Racer and Impact.

How do you identify the NEWER 2.4 Gig headphones: On the side of one earpiece there is a push-button switch with a small white dot.

Most Impact Testers were sent the Impact with a set of the NEWER 2.4 Gig. headphones, but I wasn't. I already had a pair of the 2.4 Gig. that was an original design and I use them with the Racer 2 or Gold Racer. They do NOT work with the Impact because these were an original set that were designed for the Racer 2 & Gold Racer models, but before the design progress on the Impact was developed with the built-in dongle. They Do NOT have the pushbutton.

Dilek is going to send me the NEWEST 2.4 Gig. headphones for Impact use that DO have the little button on the side, and I look forward to that because I really enjoy the Nokta Impact AND I really like the comfort and performance of the 2.4 Gig. headphones!

Oregon Gregg has a set of the NEWER 2.4 Gig. headphones for his Racer 2's and I borrowed them briefly to check the Impact and pairing-up with NEWEST 2.4's and they worked fine. With warmer weather coming our way by the time we have the Welcome-to-Hunt Outings in May and June those lightweight headphones for the Impact will be very welcome.

Anyway, just verify that the headphones you are buying have the pushbutton on the side and they will work with BOTH the Racer 2/Gold Racer series AND the Impact, if the dongle is included for the Racer series. If they have the pushbutton and do NOT have the dongle, then they would be for the Impact, only. If the have the dongle, but do NOT have the pushbutton, then they will NOT work with the Impact, but WILL work for the Racer 2 and Gold Racer models.

Monte

Monte-------Can you purchase those h.p.'s with the white button AND the dongle also (included)?

Oregon Gregg bought his, but I am not sure which Dealer he went through. I believe that's haw they are usually sold now, with the button on the side. Mine were an initial production run of the first 2.4 gig. wireless they had out for the Racer 2 and Gold Racer a year or so ago. I would guess that those for the Impact would be the set sold w/o the dongle. The Nokta / Makro folks would know if it is confusing on the K-Co site.

Thanks Monte....That is exactly what I needed to know.

Monte said:
thardin88 said:
Hey Guys,

Thanks
The 1st thing to do is correctly specify which detector model we are referring to.

The 2nd step is to correctly describe the particular 2.4 Gig. Wireless Headphone version.

Makro Racer Series: When asking about or referring to a particular model, clarify which one and not just say "Racer phones" because that implies the Racer, the 'original' model of the Racer series when also discussing the current 2.4 Gig. headphones Nokta / Makro offer.

Makro Racer: The 'original' Racer is NOT compatible with the current 2.4 Gig. headphone and dongle system. Initially they did offer a lightweight wireless headphone that works with the Racer, but they did have a slight delay to them.

Makro Racer 2 and Gold Racer: These models ARE compatible with the newer 2.4 Gig. headphones and dongle.

Nokta Impact: This device is ALSO compatible with the newer 2.4 Gig. headphones, and the 'dongle' connection is built in.

So, one NEWER set of the Nokta / Makro 2.4 Gig, headphones can work with the Racer 2, Gold Racer and Impact.

How do you identify the NEWER 2.4 Gig headphones: On the side of one earpiece there is a push-button switch with a small white dot.

Most Impact Testers were sent the Impact with a set of the NEWER 2.4 Gig. headphones, but I wasn't. I already had a pair of the 2.4 Gig. that was an original design and I use them with the Racer 2 or Gold Racer. They do NOT work with the Impact because these were an original set that were designed for the Racer 2 & Gold Racer models, but before the design progress on the Impact was developed with the built-in dongle. They Do NOT have the pushbutton.

Dilek is going to send me the NEWEST 2.4 Gig. headphones for Impact use that DO have the little button on the side, and I look forward to that because I really enjoy the Nokta Impact AND I really like the comfort and performance of the 2.4 Gig. headphones!

Oregon Gregg has a set of the NEWER 2.4 Gig. headphones for his Racer 2's and I borrowed them briefly to check the Impact and pairing-up with NEWEST 2.4's and they worked fine. With warmer weather coming our way by the time we have the Welcome-to-Hunt Outings in May and June those lightweight headphones for the Impact will be very welcome.

Anyway, just verify that the headphones you are buying have the pushbutton on the side and they will work with BOTH the Racer 2/Gold Racer series AND the Impact, if the dongle is included for the Racer series. If they have the pushbutton and do NOT have the dongle, then they would be for the Impact, only. If the have the dongle, but do NOT have the pushbutton, then they will NOT work with the Impact, but WILL work for the Racer 2 and Gold Racer models.

Monte

Hey Monte,

I bought the Racer 2 Headphones that have the C button with the little white dot. How do I pair them with the Impact?

Thanks, Tim