Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Calling all Mojave users.........

Ivan

Thinking of getting a Mojave...but also the 3"X 18" Cleansweep Coil............................will it work on the Mojave??? Will that coil work on a detector running at 12KHZ? If so what kind of depth would such a combo get??? I would like to use it for hunting large areas such as sports fields. Final thought ....how would you pinpoint with it?

I had one on a Vaquero. Worked great and was perfect for athletic fields. Most coils go as deep as their least width, in this case 3", maybe 4". Most stuff on currently used athletic fields is shallow.

Hello Ivan,

I've never used a 3"X 18" Cleansweep Coil, but read positive comments from those that use them on other Tesoros.

With the Mojave, you may want to call Tesoro because with the Mojave some coils may throw off the ground balance due to having preset GB. Could be wrong, and having a clean sweep coil on a Mojave sounds great especially for gold jewelry hunting.

Let us know if it can work with a stock Mojave, if it can not what a neat setup.

Paul

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,2370956,2370956

Ivan said:
Thinking of getting a Mojave...but also the 3"X 18" Cleansweep Coil............................will it work on the Mojave??? Will that coil work on a detector running at 12KHZ? If so what kind of depth would such a combo get??? I would like to use it for hunting large areas such as sports fields. Final thought ....how would you pinpoint with it?

Yes, The cleansweep works absolutely fine on my Mojave, it's a delightful set up. I hunt non-mineralized school yards, and a I get very decent depth, about the same as the 8 donut which I also use on the Mojave. Standard school yard depth on coins in my area(s) is between 3-7 inches, both donut and clean sweep.
I haven't compared the stock 7 coil against the clean sweep yet.

Happy Hunting!