Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cam Lock Issues

NYNURSE

Went to check my Deus today as I have a detecting trip coming up. Both tabs on the cam locks snapped right off thus making the rods unable to extend. The unit is never dropped or mishandled and is stored in a fairly warm garage. Anybody have a clue on the cause. Replacement parts are easy but this could really have upset a days hunt.

I've broken a couple for no apparent reason. I keep one in my pack just in case. I'm thinking maybe there was some dirt built up under the cam?

They looked clean. I'll know for sure when the parts show up and I take things apart. I get alarmed when two snap at the same time. That usually screams operator error and this happened with no resistance on the lever.

I've had one to break thus far, and fear more in the future. I have 3 coils, and three lower rods. What I have noticed is that one of the rods seems like a loose fit, one of them is very tight, and the other is snug. I first thought the problem was in the cam lock. Now I seem to think it's a tolerance problem with the rods. Who knows.

I try to clean mine after ever hunt or at least ever two. I take it apart and wash the whole thing, coil and all. Just take the controller off and it is waterproof. So far I have had no trouble with mine.

Well I just replaced the two cam lock levers. Both broke in the same place, the flange where the pin goes thru. My best guess is that with the lever in the lock position there is a slight bit of play left. Maybe a 1/16 of an inch. Definitely enough to stress the hinge area. I glued a small block in place so the lever has limited travel but still allows the shaft to lock. If I don't post a response that it didn't work, it did.