Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Came out of the woods with no coins but

jabbo

had two ticks on me. The season already started in NJ.

So you named one TICK, the other TOCK...Whatsa matter? Do I have to drive out to Jersey and bring you a bottle of Avon? They will be here in Ohio another few weeks. Your weather milder. And, thanks for the heads up, I need to find an Avon dealer.

ive been lucky so far this year... i have heard for other locals in my area that the ticks havent been bad and there dogs havent been getting them either....the last few years have really been bad ... even so i dont spend much time in the woods when wheather starts warming up... i didnt find any coins last week either but i did find a very nice large -broken- indian spear point....

Dave,

I went to look for some landscaping rocks on the woods and when I got back to the truck, There was one on my arms.

I will not be in the woods that much and will switch to beach soon for detecting

KVM2, I can sell you a bucket of Avon Skin So Soft. In Jersey that will keep you tick free for one week.

I got the answer!. When I go into the woods I pin one of them flee & tick collars on the back of my pants. Don't know if it really works or not, but I never had any ticks for the past 3 years. ...KEN

I haven't tackled the woods yet, although I've been eyeing a few possibilities in my travels. Been working long so haven't had time to do a lot of MDing. Just hit a tot lot in a lower end neighborhood today. Found over a dollar in clad and a Chucky Cheese token. :bouncy: Frankly, didn't expect to find that much. One thing nice about a tot lot, NO TICKS.:heh:

Many years ago I was told that Avon Skin so Soft would repel mosquitoes. Yeah Right. I purchased a bottle. Went deer hunting in the swamps of South Carolina. Thought that I was going to have to shoot some of those Mosquitoes before they carried me off. They decided to eat me where I sat. Never been so miserable in my life. I used the entire bottle that day and came home looking like I had hives all over me.

For ticks I use one of two things. A repellant that contains Permethin sprayed on your clothing that your are going to wear next day works wonders. No mosquitoes, No Chiggers (Red Bugs), No ticks. Do Not Spray your clothing and put them on while they are still damp from the repellant.

The other trick i use is Seven Dust Down the legs of my pants. No ticks, No Chiggers but that does not deter the mosquitoes.

GeorgeinSC , having been down there in the Spring and Summer I can honestly say those bugs, especially the Chiggers are world class little Mothers.

After land surveying for 25 + years I have found that spicey foods like hot wings would keep chiggers and ticks off you. The hot sauce comes out in your sweat and the critters dont like it.

Relic, that sounds like just the right recipe for me, I like hot sauce. Will add it to more of my meals. Hope it works.

I came home one day after quail hunting and had over 80 ticks on me .. It was unreal ... Good luck th'ing this year Jabbo

their bad here in east tn. went on 2 hour hunt got seven bedded in.and found six crawling around on me driving home. better spray down with something.:detecting:

We have bucketloads of ticks up here ... got to be careful.