Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Camera storage - Lens on / Lens off

georgierodgers

Hey all, Hope everyone is doing well?

So I have a question, which probably sounds a silly/obvious one but iv been reading mixed things, so I’m interested to see what the general consensus is

Currently I store my camera gear in a larger bag, however with the body & lenses separated, so each time I wish to use it I connect the lens I want and then remove it when I’m finished.

However I’m finding I’m using one lens mostly at the mo, so am thinking of leaving this lens connected all the time (this will still fit in the storage bag) & then only changing when need.

So essentially is there any benefit to storing with lens on or off, or is there no difference & it’s just down to what works based on personal preference?

Cheers All

I leave a lens on. I don't like the idea of the body of the camera being left open, because it's an opportunity for things to get inside that I'd rather keep out.

Hi. I keep the camera with the lens that I use the most. Then if I need it, I change it for another. What I do is disconnect the stabilizer, before turning off the camera and putting it away. On the other hand, you can store the camera and lenses separately, but with their corresponding covers. Avoid getting dust on the sensor.
Greetings