Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

camlocks

bik-il

Hi all,

I was so happy with that camlock and how it eliminated the movement in the lower rod that I ordered another one and installed it at the joint where the upper rod meets the control box. There wasn't much play there but now there's none.

I found that two wraps of electrical tape around the larger shaft under the camlocks before tightening the camlock screw makes an even better fit.

While I understand those who feel that a detector should be perfect right out of the box, I don't mind the fun and spending a little money 'dialing it in' on a cold winter day. Now I see there's a headphone adapter I gotta have to go with the Gizmo and camlocks!

For me, tinkering and customzing and improving is nearly as satisfying as the detecting itself.

Have fun,

Thanks,

Bik

I know the feeling. I'm still training my wife to get her just the way I want .... Been at it 27 years with no success. Still trying though.....

I too have made modifications to some of my machines, just for the same reasons you have "tinkering and customizing and improving is nearly as satisfying as the detecting itself." And that certainly does not take away the quality of the detector that I started with. I had a bunch of aluminum canes and aluminum walkers sitting around at work destined for the trash. I couldn't resist the temptation to build a couple of new rods for some of my detectors. After fiddling for a couple of years, I eventually came back to the original design.

ONE2.jpg

TWO2.jpg

three2.jpg