Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Camp Ground Hunt

Markmac

Good evening to all my fellow hobbiest.. I took the gamma with the 5inch coil to the local campground down the road from me.I decided to hunt there since its closed now for the season and its the first time i have tried hunting there, im usually acroos the lake at the park area but decided to give this a try since you can only hunt there in spring or late fall after all the campers are gone..its a pretty large area so i decided to concentrate around the play ground area its not that big compaired to the whole area but uing the 5inch coil your limited to the amount of area you can cover with accuracy at least for me lol..Set the sens at 85 disc at 40 and manually ground balanced since the new Gamma doesnt seem to ground grab with the small coil, will have to try the larger coils soon to see how that goes.kept the volume at 8 or 9 and adjusted the volume controls on the ratt phones to suit my needs.i was probably there for about two and half hours no silver found this afternoon but had a good clad day with a total of 27 coins..Three quarters, six dimes , two nickles and the reast memorial pennies was hoping for a few wheat cents and a few silver but im hapy with the outcome.Oh and of course the normal amount of trash pull tabs and foil and a few fishing sinkers to name a few lol.The Gamma did well im still learnign that machine but it sure pulls close to my Omega and its nice to have two coils set up at all times now.My ground balance was around 57.i was hunting in 4 tones which for park hunting is usually my choice.I think i will go back tuesday when im off since the weather is suppose to be in the 60s here in illinois and will try the Omega with the std elliptical coil...I was tired when i finished right before dark and wasnt sure why i felt that tired until i emptied the pouch and saw how many coins were there i didnt realize i had dug that many along with all the trash but that just shows your in tune with your hobby not knowing what your total is until the hunt is over lol..I hope you all had a nice weekend and were able to have some detecting time as well...I sure enjoy reading everyones posts on here.....Markmac

It was back to the camp ground today since i had the day off so i went there for a few hours this morning and then back this afternoon.total coin count again all clad was 61.break down was 5 quarters, 16 dimes,2 nickles and the rest memorial pennies.have not found any silver in the camp ground area yet or any wheat pennies but maybe i have to get all this shallow clad out of the way first.Even had to change battery in the Omega this afternoon it finally went down to one bar lol damn its amazing how they get that performance out of one 9volt battery.I dont coint the hours but has to be over 20 for each one...I used the Omega with the std elliptical coil today,the grounf balanced around 62 was using 4 tones again and most times ran the sensirivity at 85.For me in the park areas that i hunt most times run sens at 80 or 85 when you get in the 90s with all the trash seems for me to run smoother down in the 80s.Ran the disc at 40 and a few times even notched out foil so much trash there to bear with...I used Montes tip about wearing a small tiny silver ring on my little finger to use when i wanted to increase depth of the garrett pro pointer thanks Monte for that tip.Dont know how i ever hunted with out a pin pointer before.it as a beautiful day here in Ilinois today must have been in the high 70s so in between hunts took the harley for a ride.Wishingyou all a nice evening and agreat hunt the next time your out...Markmac