Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Camp lead??

Neita SC

Need your help IDing. I am new to relic and civil war finds. Did I score camp lead here, or is it modern? Wooded area that has documented troop movement.
3 " air tid of 46, using the F75 SE in default mode. All pieces were in same 6" spread area.

Thank you very much for your help.

Neita

Looks modern to me as most I have found has turned white could be civil war though.

Mini's and camp lead that I have found has turned white, .... and stays white even with a soap and water scrubbing. HH jim tn

Drats!! I've been foiled (or leaded) again!
I guess I will have to keep looking.

Thank you for the responses.
Neita

Keep at it. You'll find something. cch

Hey Neita, how much scrubbing did you do? Was there white patina before you scrubbed.what kind of soil was it sandy or clay? It looks modern but if it was out in the woods it seams odd that it would be out there by itself. I haven't found too much camp lead in Shermans camps because they were moving so fast sometimes they stopped for just a few hours. But keep at it you just never know what you will stumble into. Strange things happen in this hobby.

Digger, soaked metal in water and Dawn for a few minutes and a quick scrub with a toothbrush. No white patina, just gray haze and brown from dirt. Soil is a gray sandy dirt in that area. I also think it odd for it to be in wooded area. Found a shotgun ammo butts, all modern. Maybe drunk hunters melting slugs in a fire. But ammo is expensive now adays. I plan to go back out and hunt around a bit more. Will let ya know what I find. Thx for the thoughts.