Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

campsite maps?

z8chase

hey guys.
ive been doing some extensive searches for battlefield camp sites as well as possible resting sites of both union and confederate troops in my state of kentucky
i can find lots of literature of the skirmishes and the approximate locations of the battles but i cant seem to find any maps concerning campsites.
even though it was the late 19th century, there were still very detailed jornals and maps written and drawn by commanders in the field.
could someone give me a little aid in finding some of those maps?
ive called my local library and they dont seem to have anything except books about but not first hand account journals.
ive halfway deduced some trailways that were used....but unfortunate luck has it that they are either posted or new asphalt roads have been built over top of what could have been some incredible history.
ive been tempted to just jump out and ask people along these byways if theyd allow me to drag out my minelab and snoop around.....respectfully of course.
i can understand and respect not disturbing burial plots etc.......but i feel that if we dont do something soon all that precious history will be lost in time forever.
i feel like that after our generation is gone there wont be any ancestry for our children to explore.
my kids....(even though in their late teens) have heard of the civil war but know absolutely nothing about it.....they simply know it helped to free blacks from slavery.
but where did the heritage and ancestry go?
im 44 and the history of the civil war was still burned deep into the minds of my great grandparents and their stories are the only legacy any of my generation may have left.
i want to explore and learn for myself as well as be able to have a teaching tool to show to our future generations.
if not then all true history will simply fade into mythology along with the valiant souls that forged the country that we can call our home