Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Campus still producing!!

Ronstar

Managed to get a little time on the educated green grasses this morning with jkline. Not a real big finds day but this one little gem managed to yell up at me!!! Rang up as zinc at 4-5” with a silver blip. The 59 pendant we think is a graduation pendant usually attached to a cap but not sure if High School or University. (Still soaking but thinking not silver).
Also pulled this cap up which has some type of scroll design on the lid but no idea what its too….

Attachments

• 05975E81-2F51-4487-9154-D3F30D20AB45.jpeg
    05975E81-2F51-4487-9154-D3F30D20AB45.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 126
  • 21F57706-C4F3-459A-A0EC-464399811908.jpeg
    21F57706-C4F3-459A-A0EC-464399811908.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
  • D77326EE-BEC6-4899-8B38-6EB811103959.jpeg
    D77326EE-BEC6-4899-8B38-6EB811103959.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 119
Sorry folks, forgot to put something in the photo to reference size….

Its approx 2.5” in diameter. Most likely the scroll is an S intertwined with an A. Not sure of metal but its quite stiff and looks like copper but its not. It is a screw on cap with very wide grooves.

The 59 pendant is not silver.

Umm. Interesting. I need to see the profile of the cap.
Any company with the initials AM / MA?

Cap is about 1” high. The symbol on the cap is reverse relief on the inside.
Spent some time last night looking at scroll insignia but just not getting close. Gut feeling is some type of beauty product.

Attachments

• DDD9EE68-306C-42DB-9669-5C5E227ED118.jpeg
    DDD9EE68-306C-42DB-9669-5C5E227ED118.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 88
After looking at the photo of the top you found, it reminded me of one I found several years ago.
It looks very similar in size and material to the one you found, but has different letters or design on it.
I found this one at an old house that dates back to the mid 1700's and it was about 12" deep.
Not sure if it sank that deep or fill had been put down in the yard.
Like you, I have no idea how old it is, or what it was part of, but I do not believe it went on a glass jar due to the type of threads it has.
I have an aluminum pepper shaker and the top and canister are made of the same material.. I think the other part for these lids was the same material also, but just a guess.
Hopefully someone can ID these pieces for us.
IMG_0389.JPG
IMG_0390.JPG
IMG_0390.JPG

Even if fill dirt were brought in to this area at oldest (if there was a home on it) would be 1879. Your shakers are surprisingly close tho, but there are no holes in this cap. Your scrolled piece is also pretty close, thanks!

True… the lids we have do not have holes in them.. was just using the pepper shaker as a reference/ example.

Maybe a cap that fits over the holed top????? Maybe the S is for salt???? Wife said she is not convinced it is a beauty product but I asked her if she had seen some of those old photos that looked like axle grease on their faces……. Yup she gave the woman look!

the ideal would be to know which companies signed with those initials. Perhaps they can find out more. I have searched like jar lids, oil can lids, beauty lids, etc. I have no luck

I have two of my “internet” whiz kids looking now too

Cool finds, The size and profile look right for what were called ointment (or cold cream) jars. As the name indicates they were used for medicinal rubs (think mentholated petrolatum etc.) They have been around since the early 1890s-1900s but seem to have become very popular in the 1920s & 30s. (do a search on "antique cold cream jar" and you'll see what I mean). I have no idea what the "SA" cap would be from but I'm still looking. I think the L&F cap might be from a "Lehn & Fink" product, they made/marketed a pretty wide variety of products but were probably best known for marketing a product called Lysol (yup, that Lysol). This would likely be from an ointment or cream rather than a "Lysol" product. I couldn't find an exact match but I'm sure their packaging went through a number of designs and some print logos are very close. Just some thoughts.

Cool finds, The size and profile look right for what were called ointment (or cold cream) jars. As the name indicates they were used for medicinal rubs (think mentholated petrolatum etc.) They have been around since the early 1890s-1900s but seem to have become very popular in the 1920s & 30s. (do a search on "antique cold cream jar" and you'll see what I mean). I have no idea what the "SA" cap would be from but I'm still looking. I think the L&F cap might be from a "Lehn & Fink" product, they made/marketed a pretty wide variety of products but were probably best known for marketing a product called Lysol (yup, that Lysol). This would likely be from an ointment or cream rather than a "Lysol" product. I couldn't find an exact match but I'm sure their packaging went through a number of designs and some print logos are very close. Just some thoughts.
I agree. Those tapas must be very close to being cold creams.
I have not found any of the kind, but they are very similar

Thanks for the research!!👍👍

At this point neither kid has identified it. One, who when she gets her teeth into it, will either win the race against her brother or throw the towel in. She is still looking…… She found a site, that if the logo was copyrighted, will identify the owner and date! Fingers crossed!!!