Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can a Bluetooth Transmitter be used to make headphones wireless?

Old Pirate

I've been wondering how to make my Delta 4000 wireless and came up with the idea of adding a small wireless transmitter to the 3.5 jack and using my wireless bluetooth headphones to escape the leash, so to speak. Anyone out there know if it will disturb the electronics of the either the coil or the control pad. Thanks in advance for any response.

The answer to your question is yes and no,its been done before using various after market bluetooth devices and yes it works but the biggest problem is a slight delay in the signal and what i mean by that is say your coil goes over a nice find you wont hear it straight away as it has a very small time lag i will admit not much but enough that it has not caught on.The best option is using a UHF unit it is instantaneous with no delay what so ever and people have used various UHF devices as well i am not a whiz kid electronic wise but that is the 2 main option but only one is any good.

I've been pondering that question myself for my gamma, I never thought about the UHF, my step dad is a retired electric whiz, I'll question him about it and see what he says. Maybe he will have an idea and maybe not. I know there are videos out there on the Bluetooth, of course either contraption would need to be small enough to not be problematic.

Well thanks for the answers to both of you. If anything turns up as far as ideas are concerned, please post the results. I ordered the transmitter from Amazon this am. At $26.99 with a bunch of other Christmas gifts I ordered for the Grand Children, at least I will get free shipping. I'm going to try and get it out and about in the following week and report on the result. Mega B noted that there is a slight time lag between coil and headset from his knowledge. That should be OK because I've learned that to find it, you have to slow down the sweep. Slower sweep, more exact results. At least from my experience. And by the way, there's a new Facebook page for Teknetics http://www.facebook.com/groups/301269256640282/. Not that Finds is bad, but the more info we have as a group, the better off we are.
[sup]Thanks very much fellas.[/sup]