Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can anybody repair a Aquapulse mag?

ROBOCOP

This is a early prototype for the DX200,300 series. I think the switch went bad. I've heard without the schematics and the specs for voltage, amps and frequency it can't be repaired.
It comes with a 45 inch probe and land use Aquascan headphones. It's unique in that it has a 4 prong connector for the probe to the cannister.

Here's some pics.

ROBOCOP

The switch turns the unit on and then there are 10 positions on the face plate and 10 soldering points on the PCB just under that bluish green switch block. Actually the knob only rotates thru the first 4 positions of the switch. I believe the switch turns the unit on then tunes the mag within some frequency range, I'm guessing. It worked for a while and is supposed to be able to detect a iron cannonball at a distance of 3 to 4 meters.

This unit was a prototype for the current series of DX 200 and 300 mags. The 4 prong connector for the probe is unique. I believe it is a cesium probe. It is a mag that was developed to be used in the PI canister so maybe the faceplate showing 10 positions is a carryover from the PI detector and not really meant to be a 10 position Mag .

The switch block on the PCB board is pretty accessible to the soldering points but electronics is not my strong suit. The Geotech forum seems to be gone, I thought maybe somebody there would want it as a science project.

Hi ok seems the switch has several functions, and a simple by pass will not fix the problem the The Geotech forum is alive and well on its own server.

i give you a direct link you feel a full comfort Robocopter.

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?22001-Aquapulse

kind regards

I just registered at Geotech. Reviewing some articles they are very advanced linking mags with GPS systems. My mag is probably a dinosaur in their eyes. Pretty interesting though.

Thanks.