Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

can anyone ID it

Paulnuneaton58

Just returned to metal detecting after a 26 yr break this was the last thing i found by a nunnery i was throwing it away but my wife kept it all these years, we did not have internet in them days. but i returned to detecting last week and she showed me the ring it was gold looking when it came out the ground and still the same gold looking 26 yrs on never been polished from the day i gave it her. other forums are ranting that it could be very old im not worried of its value but would like to find out more about it

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 118
I’m thinking an opal of some type? I dont see the sparkly colors like Fire Opal or the Australian Opal. Pretty ring!!!

Just returned to metal detecting after a 26 yr break this was the last thing i found by a nunnery i was throwing it away but my wife kept it all these years, we did not have internet in them days. but i returned to detecting last week and she showed me the ring it was gold looking when it came out the ground and still the same gold looking 26 yrs on never been polished from the day i gave it her. other forums are ranting that it could be very old im not worried of its value but would like to find out more about it
It does not look like opal. They flash different hues and patterns in reaction to white light It could be Moonstone. They were thought to have magical properties and were very popular going back all the way to Ancient Greece.