Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can anyone identify these???

Sonora70

I have a vacant lot here in town where an old house once sat. The lot next to mine still has an old house sitting on it that was built in 1936. I use these two lots as my practice areas and I have found a couple wheats and some other odd items such as a skeleton key. I keep finding these shell casings. The first one I found I just tossed thinking it was one that someone just threw down, however I have probably found 20+ of them since. I have found them on both lots. Today I found another along with this bullet. All of the casings have been roughly 3 to 4 inches down. I live next to Ft. Knox.....could I possibly have stumbled upon a World War 1 camp? There has to be some age because of the amount of wear and part of some of the casings missing. Can't imagine why this area would have so many of these. The bottom of the casing has DEN 43 stamped on the bottom.

DEN= Denver Ordenance Plant, and '43 indicates the year produced, so they aren't WWI.

Pics might help to know what they might be for.

.30-06
Used in M-1 Garrand rifles, '03 Springfield bolt action rifles, and various others including the 1919 Browning Machine Gun.