Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can anyone recommend a good beach/water pouch?

hibby

Looking to get a good pouch to use while water hunting. Is there any real "Cadillac" out there or will just about any pouch do?

Thanks
Chris

Hey Chris,

Just about any pouch will do...

Kellyco sells some decent pouches... Many people use a HomeDepot Canvass Nail Apron $1.00 and that works fine and is cheap..

A guy on another forum uses one of these..

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=26&idproduct=228#details

And Looking at it I'm starting to really like the design... even though it doesn't have 2 pockets..

Home Depot...$1. That's my choice.

Happy Hunting!

hibby, I use a medium size belly pouch with two pockets, one for trash and one for the treasure. It has a plastic zipper and SS zipper pulls so no corrosion. I like the zipper cause I have been upside down in the water a few times and an open pouch would have me doing double duty looking for my loot again. It has a mesh pouch in the front for 15 spf sunscreen and chap stick, very important here in Fl. Here is a pic. HH

LIGHT BULB IS FOR SIZE COMPARISON
[attachment 86189 Ft.island.jpg]

I've been looking for one that has a mesh bottom to let the sand sift through but not let the good stuff fall through. Anyone seen one?

[quote Sand Scoop]I've been looking for one that has a mesh bottom to let the sand sift through but not let the good stuff fall through. Anyone seen one?[/quote]

Here you go, it's the Surf Hunter, just scroll down the page.
http://predatortools.com/pouches.htm

Glenn

I suppose (and im only an amateur here) that you could take a metal grommit punch and put two or three in the bottom of any pouch or bag and it would drain the water right out....just use small ones. And like Papa said...get SS zippers and pull, the salt will devour other metals.

[quote TreasurdiggrNY][quote Sand Scoop]I've been looking for one that has a mesh bottom to let the sand sift through but not let the good stuff fall through. Anyone seen one?[/quote]

Here you go, it's the Surf Hunter, just scroll down the page.
http://predatortools.com/pouches.htm

Glenn[/quote]

Thanks Glen,I got one on the way.....