Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

can excalibur all metal pinpoint and disc mode run at the same time?

scott (wi)

turned on my excalibur 800 at the beach today in disc mode and for some reason when I first turned it on it had two different threshold tones, one was the normal constant discrimination mode tone and the other sounded like the allmetal pinpoint mode. It sort of alternated between the two, changing every several seconds. I let it run as as it was, and when I ran it over an exposed dime it IDed it as it would in disc mode. After a while it became disorientating so I turned it off then back on and it the detector acted normally. Any idea what happened? Is it possible to run both modes at once ... or modify it to run both modes at once, that would be sort of neat.

clean the sand out from under coil cover???
was you in wet sand or dry sand when you first turned on machine??
what settings are you trying to use?? sens might have been to high for where you was at??
machine has a bit of a learning curve on it, it takes awhile to really understand how it works, ive had mine for 2 years now and im still learning the curve, but im finding the gold with it too..
and deep stuff too..16-18 inches at times..
hh
john

I agree with John. Check out to see if there is any sand under the coil cover. Clean it if there is and then turn back on.

I had the same problem with my 800 and it stopped when I cleaned out the sand. Was making sounds together I just was not used to.

It is really amazing how much sand can get under the coil cover even as tight as it is on the coil.