Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

can i discriminate out "hot rocks" on a vaquero?

jld66

i find what i have been told are hot rocks with my vaq. look like a piece of coal. they put off a strong hit. turn up discrim. knob and it turns up high. is there a setting i can run to blank them out or something i have to live with?

Try ground balancing to the hot rocks. If the surrounding ground is not too mineralized and different than the hot rocks, you may be able to eliminate a hit on the hot rock by ground balancing to it and still not false on the surrounding ground.

thanks, ill give it a try if it ever stops raining here.

if you are operating in Disc, you just can't get thru a mineralized stone , and in all metal many of them you can ground balance to make them more tolerable and use a DD coil I have one hot rock that so far foils bot my P.I and the vaquero the only one that got a coin thru it in disq was the Blisstool