Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can I please have some opinions on whats left of this bottle

michael NY

I would be thankfull for any kind of information on whats left of this bottle. The water line in the lake has droped and I was detecting and eyed this I know its old and thats why I grabed it. The area has clonial history. The measure is for a refrence in size and the color is black. Thanks in advance

Michael

It would appear to be the bottom of an English black glass bottle...if that is a graphite Pontil scar on the bottom as it appears in the picture I would guess age to be somewhere between 1770-1830s... I base that on the crudeness of the glass and the pontil scar... despite its age it probably wouldn’t have a whole lot of value if was whole unless it had a seal or unique marking on it ... cool find anyway...

Thank you I appericate your knowledge. I will go back the lake is still low and see if I can find any more bottles.