Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can I see pics of your sifters???

borntofli

I need to make a sifter, but am unsure how I want to build it.... Can you guys post pics of your sifters so I can see different ideas and options?????

I'm leaning toward the more simple side, just need some ideas......

Thanks for any input, greatly appreciated.........

Mines made with a 15" garden sifter & noodles.Ive also added a finds pouch too.

I would recommend looking at Cupajo's new posts on "More sifter details!!" it has all you will need.

meggie said:
Mines made with a 15" garden sifter & noodles.Ive also added a finds pouch too.

I would recommend looking at Cupajo's new posts on "More sifter details!!" it has all you will need.

Meggie, do you happen to have a model, brand name or source for that plastic garden sifter? I've been looking for on like that, but have not been unable to find any. Thanks!

I found them, but it appears they are not available in the U.S :cry: Looks like I'll have to get some prices for having a few shipped from the U.K...

Try fishing tackle shops. Here in the UK fishermen use them for sifting the maggots from the bran. Not sure if they fish with maggots in the US but worth a quick check.

Paul....

[size=large][/size]JL, when you get to be an older Hunter, you may find a sifter is your best friend!!

When I was younger with excellent vision I hunted with my home made scoop and never gave a thought to using a sifter, but when I got older and started to lose my fine vision I resorted to a sifter to enable me to sort through the debris I dug up to locate the finds.

My sifter enables me to locate those pesky little targets that would be a big pain for me otherwise.

I hope this never happens to you Fellow Hunter, but if it does perhaps you may find a sifter useful!

GL&HH Friend,

CJ

Cupajo said:
[size=large][/size]JL, when you get to be an older Hunter, you may find a sifter is your best friend!!

When I was younger with excellent vision I hunted with my home made scoop and never gave a thought to using a sifter, but when I got older and started to lose my fine vision I resorted to a sifter to enable me to sort through the debris I dug up to locate the finds.

My sifter enables me to locate those pesky little targets that would be a big pain for me otherwise.

I hope this never happens to you Fellow Hunter, but if it does perhaps you may find a sifter useful!

GL&HH Friend,

CJ

How true this is....I have the same problem and would be lost without a sifter. With that said, if I were hunting in just sand and it sifted out of my scoop it would be a different story. Where we hunt, you come up with a scoop full of rocks and or gravel, it is very hard to see/ find a target in the bottom of your scoop.

Inner tube around a plastic tub that I drilled holes in.
IMG_0100-1.jpg

I made mine out of a plastic fruit/veggie crate that had a mesh bottom. I used 90mm storm water pipe as the float and added a water proof compartment for my car keys. I found the design on youtube and modified it with the dry compartment.

2012-03-06_14-35-23_827.jpg

The sifter my best friend :)

What would i do without it in clay, gravel, shells beaches.
whereisthering.jpg

I already know what the difference is not going anywhere without it.

Those sifters look like classifiers used for gold panning. Do a search for "gold pan classifiers" and see if that helps.